Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 23:17:37 +1000
"James Leo Woodford, Jr." wrote:

> Erik,
>
> The floppy drive will be connected to the connector
> that is not the same size as the other two. It will be
> on that connector by itself.
>
> The hard drive should be attached to primary IDE
> connector. This is the "1st" on the connectors that
> look the same and should be marked something like IDE1
> or PRIMARY. It should be connected as a single drive
> with no master.
>
> The CDROM should be attached to the secondary IDE
> connector as a Master and the CD/RW should also be
> attached to the same connector as the Slave. The
> Master/Slave is done on 1 ribbon cable. Hope that
> helps.

Sometimes when you use Adaptec software, you have to leave CD/R (or
CD/RW) as 2nd Master, otherwise it may create problem. I haven't found
why it does so, but it happened to me twise already. As the result, I
always set CD/R as 2nd Master if possible.

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html