Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:38:14 -0500
gerry_lowry wrote:
> If your PC which I am guessing is a laptop shut down because it was below its keep running threshold,
> then when it comes back on, it will still need charging and you'll get this message.  Even if it was recharged
> in the off state, you might still get the same message because some warning flag was turned on as your
> PC was in the process of shutting down.  The older the laptop battery, the more likely this is to occur.
>
> The quarter size battery that you mention sounds like the one on your mother board.  It's not
> likely that battery.  AFAIK, it's used to preserve certain BIOS settings.  You do not mention
> the make/model you computer.  That would be useful to know when answering questions like this one.
>
> regards,
> gerry
>
> vegan gerry lowry
> wasaga beach ontario canada
>
>                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                  our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
>               with the PCBUILD logo...  at a great price!!!
>              http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

This is a pc not a laptop.  It is a sytemax app 2 years old from tiger
direct, however i don't see the info of the make and model necessary to
diagnose power supply problem, but thanx for input.  I was going through
a tripplite ups(thought i put that in initial post)  i plugged it
directly into outlet and message has not returned. Strange you should
mention it , but my laptop, Winbook J4 started shutting down  after
being booted up.   It is app 5 years old.  I have never used battery
just ac current.  i thought it was the power cord on it.  it will be
monday before i talk to the support staff at winbook(they have one of
the most helpful and accessible support teams in the industry).  thanx
again for input.
srs