From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:14:54 -0400
-----Original Message-----

Date:    Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:35:49 -0400
From:    "Tommy C." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Video Card that supports 1400X900

I have been given a Samsung SyncMaster 941BW Monitor.  It is a Wide scree=
n model that has a recommended resolution of 1400X900@60Hz and a Max reso=
lution of [log in to unmask]  I have 7 video cards in my box and NONE of them=
 support this resolution.  The closest I have is 1440X900.  I realize tha=
t 1400X900 is not a normal PC resolution, but I have read good reviews of=
 this monitor being used as a computer monitor so I know the cards are ou=
t there.  Anyone have any recommendations as to cards that support 1400X9=
00? I need an AGP card that preferably supports DVI.=20=20

Thanks,
Tommy Chumley
Plano, TX

------------------------------

Most newer video cards will (mid to upper range) will support the newer
video resolutions that are now offered with LCD displays. I have a
Westinghouse 20.1" monitor that has a native resolution of 1400x1050 that is
supported by an ASUS X800 (ATI) PCI video card. You mention you have seven
video cards but without knowing what those cards are I suspect they may be
"older" cards?
Newegg has a large assortment of AGP cards for around $50-75 that should
work. If you look for the specifications tab on any card you will see info
for the highest resoulution supported.
Also, there are a couple of software utilities that might help. One is Power
Strip which has settings to enable custom video resolutions.

If you have more info to add on your cards, post back. HTH

Chris Ryan