From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:33:57 -0600
While we are talking about Linksys support, I tried to get support for a dualband A/B Wireless access point.  It worked fine as long as I did not transfer a large file on the LAN.  When the AP had been on a while and I copied a 50MB file the copy went fine but then it stopped talking to wireless cards (A or B).  I had to power cycle the unit and all was fine.  I called Linksys tech support and they walked me through a few things, told me my AP passed all the tests and no one else reported this problem.  He told me to keep an eye on it and call back it I had more trouble.

I called back about 1 ½ months later with the same problem.  Again I was told no one had reported this problem.  I told him that I reported this problem more than a month ago and he told me there was nothing listed.  We went through the same stuff and Linksys would not admin any problem.  I wanted the unit replaced under warranty but they would not.

I called for a third time about two months later and was given the same song and dance.  After that I gave up on them.  I will not buy any of their network stuff again.

I do like their powered KVM switches.  I've worked with several brands of KVM switches but I've had the least compatibility problems with the Linksys KVM switches.

- Wayne Copeland

Brad,
I too had excellent support "a few years ago" from Linksys. I used a lot of
Linksys product, including a BEFSR41. I had such good luck with it that,
when it finally failed, I bought another one. It was the replacement that I
had trouble with. And yes, there is an 800 number for tech support. But,
depending on what hardware you are needing help with, you either get a tech
or a message telling you to dial a 900 number. It turned out the router was
one of the types of hardware that sent you to a 900 number. In all
fairness, I tried that 800 number again tonight and as far as I can tell,
had I held on long enough, I was going to get support. So, perhaps my email
complaint had an effect. The bottom line is, to get MY problem fixed, I had
to go to another vendor.
Michael

At 02:16 PM 12/13/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Linksys has an 800 number for tech support listed on their web page. I had
>reason to use them a few years ago when I first got my router, the same
>BEFSR41. The person was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. All issues were
>resolved in short order. The only slight drawback was about a 10 min hold
>time. Also available 24/7. On that experience alone all my switches routers
>NICs etc are all Linksys.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml