From:
Mark Roberge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:57:30 -0500
You find the manual for the motherboard(mbd) and look for the jumpers that
show you the clock speed, usually 50, 60 or 66 Mhz. Then you find where on
the mbd. you have the multiplier. This can be 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 times the clock
speed. So if you have a 133 MHz processor then your clock speed will be 66
MHz and the  multiplier will be set at 2 times clock speed. Now if you have
a Cyrix don't bother it won't work. Most processor will work at a slight
boost of 10%. Finally the processor will run hotter, which means that it
will die sooner. And you may get more errors than you do now. Is it worth
it? NO! If you want something faster buy a faster processor! You are asking
for trouble. You have been warned.
Mark D. Roberge