From:
Dennis Mixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:03:49 -0400
Derek/Tom, External devices can be a problem. Our DLT 8000 doesn't
have a switch on the case. Other external devices (ZIP drives, hard
drives and the like) would be a problem without checking into the type
of case your buying. That might not mean that the power supply has a
switch inside the case, but you might want to be sure.
Dennis Mixon
--

> Derek, we travel to trade shows in Europe to exhibit our products, and we
> bring our demo pc systems.  There is a little red slide switch on the back
> of the pc case, at the power plug-in.  We only have to set the switch to the
> proper voltage, and use a plug adapter, and we are running on UK power.  All
> internal components are deaf, dumb, and blind to what's happening on the
> power grid outside the case if you have a good power supply.  The power
> supply gives the components industry standard output currents, so there is
> nothing to worry about.
> Tom Turak

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com