From:
Chuck Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:16:31 -0800
I'm considering adding a reasonably priced laser printer to each classroom
in my school.  Each class has 4 Pentium computers and will share the printer
thru the local port of one of computers (Windows 95) and then over the
Windows NT network to the other 3.  I've narrowed the choices to:

NEC Superscript 870
HP 1100  (my first choice, but may be financially out of reach)
Okidata 6e

I'm wondering which you would choose and why for this task.  The printers
will receive light workgroup duty with 25 elementary students and one
teacher printing maybe 30 - 60 copies p day.   We currently have Apple
LaserWriter NTR printers shared on the network, one printer to four
classrooms.  It will be much easier for each classroom to have their own
printer, even though it may be a bit more expensive in the long run.

Any other printer suggestions would be appreciated that I didn't mention.
Our budget allows 350 p printer.  THanks!

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]