From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:46:41 +0000
Ira;

If you're talking about using your computer as a speakerphone
over regular phone lines, you need a modem that is specifically a
"speakerphone" modem.
Also I've run a patch cable from the line out jack on the modem
to the line in on the sound card so the signal can be controlled
by the windows volume control, and the sound comes out the regular
computer speakers.

  Most of the speakerphone modems I have seen, have some kind of
software with them although sometimes it's kinda' "cheesy" software.
 I've used Cheyenne Bitware that comes with Jaton modems (and others)
and it seems to work ok. It has voicemail, phone dialer, fax, etc.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html