From:
Bob Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:49:25 +1000
Dwight I have a HP 5100 scanner and it started life on a win95 and now runs
on my win98 machine, you didn't say if it is now running win98 if so
you need to get the correct drivers.. HP support supplied a new CD for mine
free of charge.
They warn not to run the scanner on win98 with the win95 drivers...

Or it maybe the resolution your client is asking for. The higher the
resolution the longer the scan takes(the whiring and clunks are the scanner
doing small block passes to scan a document)

The software also has a scanner test button which self tests the scanner I
don't know what it comes up with if the sacnner is faulty but if it works
fine it tells you...
Hope this helps a little

Bob the plumber
http://users.gl.hardnet.com.au/blgas/