From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 03:51:40 -0400
In the scenario you describe I would suspect that the Hard drive has
lost its boot files, or possibly died. The HD is the "System Disk"
referred to as "invalid". Check the HD and floppy ribbon cable connections.
Verify that you have a good boot floppy by trying it in another machine.
Try a boot CD such as an XP install disk, or get The Ultimate Boot CD
from:  http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Are the floppy and HD recognized in the BIOS?

Dianne Erdos-Rush wrote:
> Hello,
> I am repairing a computer with Windows Me as an OS.  When it boots it gives an "Invalid System Disk. Replace the disk and then press any key."
> There is no floppy or any other disk in any drive.  The boot will proceed no further.  I attempted using an Me Boot Disk, but no good.  I went into the BIOS and made sure the boot order was correct (Floppy, CD, HD), and on another try I reset the BIOS to default.  No Go.  Any one have any ideas? Let me know.  Thanks.  Dont know whether this is a software or hardware issue.
> Dianne
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>