From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 06:38:08 -0500
Hello Again,

Sorry, I would have posted this earlier but never saw my first message go
through so was keeping quiet.

Thank you for the suggestions on my sound problem.  It was an IRQ
conflict between the modem and sound card though device manager was
keeping quiet about it no conflicts reported or anything.  That was what
was bothering me, I did not get any warning messages, exclamation marks,
error messages, anything.  But anyhow, things work fine now thanks to
your suggestions of the unreported irq conflict.

Take care everyone
David A. Abbe
or

>On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:13:25 -0500, David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
>> Hello Gang,
>>
>> I have a system with:
>> AMD 350
>> FIC VA 503+ mb
>> 128mb ram
>> diamond speedstar a50 agp
>> soundblaster AWE64 value
>>
>> Win98.
>> No matter what, the system will only play partial sounds i.e. when
>you
>> start the computer and the wonderful windows music hits you after
>it has
>> booted will only play the first second or two of it then cuts off.
>Or,
>> during games, like Deer Hunter, during the first part, there is a
>voice
>> that says "Alright let's ?see what.."  forgot exactly what it says,
>but
>> anyway, the problem is that it only plays part of these sounds, only
>the
>> first second or so then cuts off.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html