Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 07:53:50 -0800
P2B-F is a good board

The best BIOS website for Asus motherboards is Asus Germany.
Any Asus bios updates after the board ceased production are usually
called "Beta" forever. Don't let that bother you!

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/

the latest bios for  P2B-F ACPI BIOS 1014 beta 01

By the way.

Your board can accept a Celeron 1000 MHz (About $70US) in a proper
coppermine ready slotket adapter.  Thats a 100MHZ part so be sure you
have PC100 or PC133 RAM if you do that.  Actually RAM varies
considerably in internal design, chipdesign and quality so while the
P2B-F is pretty forgiving not all RAM will work especially the 256MB
sticks  www.crucial.com and other large memory companies have
selectors that list exact part numbers. These days a piece of high
quality 256MB is about $34US including shipping.

Mark Paulson