From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:36:24 -0800
On 10 Oct 99, at 23:28, Travis Neal wrote:

> I now have 2 computers running win95 and I am attempting to
> network them together.  They both have nics which are working
> properly. They are in the same workgroup and they are both sharing
> enabled, however, they will not see each other.  Is it because I
> do not have a hub?  I have an rj45 going from one nic to the other,
> is that the problem?  If not, please help me with other some
> functions needed to network the pc's.

  If you are using RJ-45 to connect two NICs without a hub, you must
use a cross-over cable -- which it doesn't sound like you have.  Your
machines are both trying to send on the same wires -- and listening
to wires neither is sending on.

David G

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html