From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:52:34 +0200
Hi

I would like to know if using the Epson 640's driver with an Epson 600 printer
will in anyway damage the printer (long term and short term) I have managed to
install it and printed a test page using the 640's driver and compared to the
600's print out and although not a major difference in quality the 640's print
out did seem smoother and less ink seems to have been used.
The print out from the 640's driver was slower and the printer made a different
noise while printing.
I would like to keep the 640's driver installed when print quality is needed and
speed is not essential the 640's driver also has some nice features that I
wouldn't mind usuing from time to time (eg: watermarks and better paper control)

Any comments or Suggestion would be appreciated

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa