From:
Eric Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:11:56 -0500

Hi Changhsu,

I do agree with Jan about the source of your interference, but if it is
a Ham station or a legally operating CB station be advised that they are
in no way legally obligated to do anything about your problem.

Most Hams however, will be only to happy to help, even if it isn't their
transmitter causing your problems.

Radio Shack (and most radio electronic stores) carries a split ferrite
bead which may eliminate your interference problems. Simply wrap 5-6
turns around the ferrite, as close to the entry point to your computer
as is practical. This should eliminate the offending RF before it
reaches your computer. Your microphone cable is acting as an antenna and
the ferrite bead will stop that without affecting the microphone
operation.

Best wishes,

Rick

Jan Lambert said:

> .....If the station you are picking up is commercial, you are pretty
> much out of luck, but if it's your neighbor's ham or CB rig, go
> have a chat with her/him. It might be possible for them to
> reorient the antenna, cut power,  etc.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html