From:
Michael Wosnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:51:52 -0500
Not dumb at all. In fact "dual booting" is quite common. Both Vista and XP are set up to recognize a multi-boot situation and let you choose at start-up which OS to use.

However, Vista handles the boatloading sequence differently than does XP so it matters which one you have already installed when you add the 2nd OS. Here is the article that I consider the "right" way to do this. I did it this way and it works exactly as advertised. Since you have a 2nd drive, you can ignore the parts about partitioning the first drive, just make sure the second drive is formatted and ready to accept the XP install.

http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

Michael

Richard Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote: sorry this sounds dumb [ but I am in this case] I have 2 hard drives, 1 has vista on it now , I want to put xp pro on the other, then choose at start up which os to use, I don't like vista,but hope soon they fix the bugs, so I wont throw it away,,,how do I do this without buying selector switches etc. help.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml