From:
Peter Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:09:10 -0600
this may be to obvious, but is the mouse clean?  I have seen some users who eat and drink (don't we all at some point) literally over the keyboard and mouse.  the drippings get embedded in the mouse pad and then skew the tracking and eventually get on to the roller ball.   Also, I know a couple who both smoke at thier computer and the residue gets caked on monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  After a year or so it does make a difference.

>>> Tracey Tabart <[log in to unmask]> 10/29 4:19 AM >>>
Hi Listers
I have a friends computer thats doing funny things with his mouse. Its his
3rd mouse & after awhile(days) the mouse will work only in one direction.
He bought a new one only a few days ago & the same problem has surfaced
again which I assume is not really a mouse problem. He is running a Cyrix
P166+ with 16 mb RAM on a MB-8500TVX m/board (No manufacturer specified)&
Win95B. The main problem is that it sometimes works fine for hours/ days
but lately its happening more frequently. After reboot it may or may not
work & sometimes will start working for no reason & also stop for no
reason.Its a ps2 mouse & have reloaded the Win 95 generic drivers but no
changes. Any suggestions???

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html