From:
George W Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:08:28 -0500
BIG question !!??
I have a Ditto 2Gig backup system. I've found out It's less then useless,
if you crash the HD and have to reformat.
It seems the catalog info for the backup tapes are kept on the HD.
You lose the software in reformat, you lose the catalog #, and have what
appears to be a blank tape, after reloading the Ditto software.

Now the BIG question..
I want to upgrade to a CD-rewriteable drive.
Does RW cds have the catalog # or at least info to use them after
software reload???
Read only CDs I imagine would since it's permanent.
Thank you,
Geo.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org