From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:44:34 -0400
At 07:46 AM 4/26/2000, Elizabeth Boston wrote:
>I have successfully set up Internet Connection Sharing on a
>Windows 98 Second Edition computer. Now I have been asked to
>do the same thing with a Windows 2000 Server. Does anyone have
>experience, directions, or a website that details this?

Hi Elizabeth

Here's a website with easy to follow step by step instructions:
<http://www.timhiggins.com/ppd/ics_win2k.htm>. This website
includes several links to other similar websites. See also
<http://www.timhiggins.com/ppd/ics_troubleshoot.htm#Win2000>.

Here's what Microsoft has to say about ICS in Win2000 Server:
<http://windows.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/share_conn_overvw.htm>
(If this link gets broken, please paste everything inside the
brackets back onto one line. There should be no spaces in the
link.)

See also the following Knowledge Base article for information on
a possible source of trouble when using ICS in Win2000 Server:
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q250/6/03.asp>

I found setting up ICS in Win2000 Professional to be easier
than setting it up in Win98SE. I haven't done it for Win2000
Server.

Regards,
Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,