From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:25:11 -0400
A good place to start with diagnosing hard drive problems is to download and
create the boot disks with utilities available from each of your drives'
manufacturers.  You should be able to run the diagnostics on the drive that
you were trying to install the OS to, since this drive apparently is seen by
your BIOS.

I wasn't sure if the other drive is recognized in the BIOS anymore (what
originally was your OS drive).  If the BIOS does still see it, you can run
that manufacturer's diagnostics on it, too.  (Usually, if the drive isn't
detected correctly in the BIOS, there's not much that the diagnostic
software can do.  It won't see the drive either.)

John Sproule