From:
patrick meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:59:30 -0700
At 10:03 PM 4/10/99 , you wrote:
>I use a Logitech Trackman Marble pointing device.  I've also used and
>experienced the same problems w/ a Logitech Trackman Vista pointing
>device.

For the Trackman Marble (bell ball with spots) all you shjould use is the
old saopy water on the ball, the interior  (support 'dots' , "window', and
ring) should be cleaned with that ever popular  damp cloth. Since the
Marble uses an infrared beam to read the motion of the dots not much more
is needed.
For the other  trackmans that operate with little wheels and rubber "tires"
careful cleaning with a damp Qtip is usually the best. ANd don't forget
that the rubber tires do move on the wire and sometimes after  cleaning you
need to "balance" the tires by moving them back to where the action of the
trackball is best for you. Use teh end of a pencil to move the tires back
and forth and locate the spot that works best for you.
Also on some loosening the ring that holds the ball in a bit will do
wonders for the feel.

Me I don't really like using alcohol of rubber products becasue it can dry
them out. If you must -- use something that is recommended for use in tape
decks to clean rubber rollers.