From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:10:06 -0600
I opened lid and instead of ink cartridge gliding to center so I could
remove cartridge, I got grinding noise, similar in pattern to when a starter
motor on a car won't quite engage because the battery is weak.  I eventually
got it to move, but not without much coaxing.  Machine may have been jostled
a little, and may not be quite level (front a little lower than back) but
otherwise, nothing to explain behavior except wear and tear.  At any rate,
behavior is continuing.

The question is, is this something that is going to be easy/inexpensive to
fix?  This is an inexpensive though reliable printer, and I have another
printer waiting in the wings.  How much time is it going to take to mess
with this?  If it might be an easy fix with readily available parts, I will
go for it.  Otherwise, would you recommend administering last rights?  Any
insights, however brief, would be appreciated.

Eb Lund

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com