Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:34:24 -0700
Kenneth Alan Boyd Ramsay wrote:
<snip>
> The  above is "hearsay", but I think it explains the rumors about putting
> a keyboard (or at least the circuit board) through a rather special
> dishwasher.  The trick is to use deionized (or distilled) water as the
> final rinse, and drying immediately to avoid corrosion.
>
> Boyd Ramsay

Not really hearsay.  Lots of small and mid-sized board manufacturers use
dishwashers to clean their boards and other electronic assemblies. It is
still done today.

BUT THE KEY REALLY IS: They know from trial and error (experience) just
what can and cannot be run thru a dishwasher and what type of cleaning
materials can be used and they type of water they can use!

The everyday homeowner who hears that they can "wash" things in a
dishwasher needs to be overly cautious.

So please, out there, take to heart all of the warnings about cleaning!
And considering the time and agravation, it just may be cheaper (how
much is your time worth) to just buy a new keyboard.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html