From:
George&Mary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 06:32:18 -0700
What you can try with the reocvery console in XP since you have the CD is
boot from the CD and start the recovery console. When you get to the screen,
the command you want to use is bootcfg.  It will help you restore the boot
configuration.  You can type help and get a list of the commands and bootcfg
/? to get a list of options, but I think you probably will use bootcfg /scan
and bootcfg /rebuild.   You can find out more by going to the MS knowledge
base and searching on Bootcfg and boot.ini.  HTH

George&Mary Skokan([log in to unmask])

From:    "Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fix windows\system32\config\systemd missing or corrupt ERROR?

I have multiple boot system on my PC. Somehow after adding (back) Windows
2000 Pro, WinXP stops working with the error message:

Windows 2000 could not start because the file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMd startup options for Windows 2000, press F8.

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows 2000 Setup using
the original Setup floppy disk or CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to
start repair.

>snip>. Actually, I don't really know what are
things you can do to repair a system with repair console. So far, I have
never successfully saved a system using the console.

Please help. I'm tired of reinstalling system every couple of months.

Thanks,

Changhsu Liu