From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:27:44 +1300
I've just used the yes2k software on my computer to check hardware
compliance and received these two warnings which is worrying me a bit:

"When the year changes from 1999 to 2000, the CMOS century digits remains
at 19 instead of changing to 20. Programs using the BIOS for their date
request will receive a correct date. However, programs that read the date
directly from the Cmos will receive incorrect results. As the majority of
programs use the BIOS to read the date the likelihood of encountering this
error is small. Its is least likely to affect standard business
applications and most likely to effect programs and drivers that have close
interaction with the hardware."

The other message I encountered concerned leap years....

"...this PC will not automatically handle leap year dates after 1999"

Can anyone out there tell me how serious these problems are?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html