From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:05:32 -0700
Has anyone ever figured a way to use the power saving features of the ACPI
Bios with either Win98, or Millenia.

One of the biggest problems I encounter is getting the systems to reliably
use the standby. And I mean Reliably!!! I know it will work from time to
time, and on many systems it will never work. Another problem is the Power
Saving Features for most newer Monitors, where as they can suspend, and even
Shut off. Many, but not all will shut down many times, and go into a suspend
mode that cannot be waken up with out a reset!!! There are also problems
with the monitor suspend mode *IF* you have it set for 1 minute, and also a
problem when resolution is set to 800 x 600 according to MS Knowledge
Base... But this does not appear to be a problem for me.....

All tech support people seem to have the same ideas, to just turn off the
Suspend in the properties, but why??? Linux does not have this problem, only
Windows, and it is a documented problem with Win 98! There is a fix (patch)
for it, according to the MS Knowledge Base, but they will not release it to
the public!!! Any Comments or suggestions or a link to the Microsoft Patch
will be appreciated!!!

Thanks,  Steve Wolfe