From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:32:37 -0800
  There are a variety of small routers on the market which include a
function called "NAT" (Network Address Translation), which allows a group of
machines on private addresses (such as your 192.168.1.x range) to sit
"behind" a single public address.  Some of them include the additional
capability to forward one or more public addresses to specific private
machines.

  My suggestion is that one of the latter, more capable devices be connected
to the DSL line, forwarding one of the static addresses to a NAT router
which has your hub and all the computers in the class behind it, and
forwarding the other public addresses to different devices (such as a NAT
router in the other office).

  The router that connects to the DSL line may have to be doing NAT itself,
in which case you need to dedicate a range for the connections between the
outer router and the various inner devices.  Perhaps 192.168.254.x, and then
the second intranet can use 192.168.2.x internally, and so on.

David Gillett