From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 08:53:22 -0500
Anna, your letter has some disturbing points in it.

First of all, YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO FORCE IN A PROCESSOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon my screaming, but everyone out there needs to know that, because they can destroy an expensive component by using force!

Perhaps you had trouble pushing on the cooling fan?  Older processors slid in like pci cards.  Then, newer ones with pins dropped in
gently.  On modern ones, the pins are on the motherboard.  But they should never be forced in or you might damage the processor.

Many computers get by with only one case fan.  It is the high-performance computers that need more.  Particularly if they are used
in a warm spot.  Computers can get dirty, however, and overheat with any number of fans.

Jagpal's problem does not seem to be heat-related because the computer is not usually hot at startup time.  Then, when it does
start, it runs all day.  Not typical of a heat problem.  Shutting down after it has been running a while IS typical of a heat
problem.

Dean