From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:07:13 -0000
Hi,
One of the easiest ways of doing what you want is by deleting the linux
partition and making a new one.
You should be able to do this by starting up with your start  up disk and
when you get to the A prompt, just type in:
fdisk (enter)
You should be given a few options - you will want to delete the non-dos
partition.
(you can usually view your partitions by pressing 4, then del. to get back
to the previous screen)
Follow the instructions carefully, and once it is deleted, then you will
want to create a new partition. (usually follow the default options to
create a new partition).
Once your new partition is created, follow the instructions to restart the
pc (usually pressing del. a couple of times).

When the pc restarts with the start up disk in, I would generally get to the
A:\ prompt again and type:
fdisk /mbr   (I'm not sure if that is necessary, but I would personally do
that to ensure the mbr is intact).

If all goes well up until now, all you will have to do now is format using
either the start up disk or the windows CD and it should be plain sailing
from now.
Good luck, sorry to hear you couldn't get on with Linux - I'm still
learning - takes time.

Hopefully, I've put this all very simply. Somebody else may have a simpler
way of explaining, but this is the general way I would do it.

Michele Sayer

---