Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 21:27:39 -0800
Hi, This started as I was trying to install MS Flight Sim 98. I had many
fits and starts i.e. hangs and file errors, found a KB article with several
things to try to help, all to no avail. I finally gave up. This started two
days ago. Today I had a never before seen registry error. I was no longer
able to boot to Win95SR2.1. I finally wound up trying to start all over
again, i.e. fdisk and reload all from scratch. As I was Installing a second
DOS partition, using System Commander, I was doing an xcopy and got an "Not
ready writing drive D" A-R-F message. the drive light, actually the light
for the IDE controller was blazing away. Had to reboot, and was eventually
able to copy all the files I needed. On to installing Win95 again, I set in
SCSI bios, drive 0 to 20MB transfer rate, no wide. After the second reboot,
I got a BSOD and was unable to recover from it. I happened to notice on the
Hot Swap Terminator on the scanner, that the SEL, TRM, and REQ lights were
on. According to Granite Digital book, this means that "the initiator is
hanging the SCSI bus"
So what is dead, or dying here? System is:
ABIT BX6
PII 233
64MB PC100 ram
IBM 4.5 GB DDRS 34560UW HD
I ran a full scan disk with no errors reported, did a "verify" from SCSI
Select from BIOS, and a format from the same place all with what appeared to
be satisfactory results.
Thanks, sorry for the windy explanation.
Brad Loomis

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com