From:
Gary Kaucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:02:22 -0500
I am trying to install my old soundcard (Media Vison Pro Audio
Spectrum/Studio with SCSI) and CD-ROM into another computer. The CD-ROM
worked with the Trantor Media Vison SCSI Host Adapter on the sound card in
the previous computer, but not in the new one. The sound seems to be
working OK. I am getting exclamation marks next to the TMV SCSI Host
Adapter in Device Manager, and the CD-ROM does not show up as an entry.
However, if I reinstall the same driver for the SCSI Host Adapter the
CD-ROM shows up in device manager. But after reboot we come back to
exclamtion marks and no CD-ROM. The previous CD-ROM in this computer was
IDE. Is there something that I have to reconfigure so the computer "looks"
for a SCSI instead of an IDE? Any advice appreciated.

Gary

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml