From:
Larry Koester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:33:18 -0500
There aren't separate mono vga drivers.  I regularly move machines
between color and mono vga monitors as I service them.  None have
require or needed any other driver because the monitor was mono.
Just don't run the monitor beyond the scan and resolution rates it
can tolerate.  But since all my machines run at the base
vga640x480x256 level, there has never been a problem.

> PC Gurus:
>
> I am putting together an old computer (Northgate,
> remember them?) to give to a disadvantaged
> family. It's a 386 with 4MB RAM, 330 MB hard drive,
> VGA with a grey-scale paperwhite monitor. I've loaded
> my old set of Windows 3.11 W4W disks on the hard
> drive.
>
> The Problem:  I cannot find the Mono VGA drivers; I've
> looked on the installation disks.  I recall having to
> download them from somewhere but it's been 3 years
> since I've done anything with Win3.11.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a website that would have
> the Win3.11 mono VGA drivers?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John Chin

Larry Koester     [log in to unmask]
Bloomer, WI