From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:32:14 -0500
I can't help with the "professional level" cards. However, having owned both
an ATI Rage128 based card and the Matrox G400, as well as an Nvdia based
TNT, and 3dfx Voodoo3 board (most all of the latest generation consumer
level cards) I highly recommend the Matrox G400 for your needs.  It has the
best display quality, and supports extremely high resolutions/refresh rates.

Dan Shaughnessy

> The query and responses so far about ATI graphics cards makes me wonder if
the ATI Rage Fury Pro card I was about to buy is the best choice for my
purposes.

> I am a photographic historian beginning to explore digital imaging, so
high quality display of digital images is more important to me than cutting
edge 3D graphics.  I am looking for refresh rates of at least 75MHz, 24-bit
or better color, and at least 1024x768 screen resolution, though support for
color and refresh rates at higher resolution would be a plus if I decide to
also upgrade my monitor.  Would the Matrox cards such as Jun Qian mentions
meet my needs?

> So, I would appreciate your recommendations for graphics cards. Jun Qian
also mentions "expensive perfessional level video solution[s]."  Does anyone
know of websites catering to professional clientele with needs similar to
mine?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html