From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:21:38 -0800
On 27 May 98 at 2:57, Clyde Lerner wrote:

> I'm packing my computer with good stuff:
> LPT1,LPT2, (Serial) Mouse on Com2, Video, Sound, NIC.
>
> I've got everything installed except for the modem.  I've enabled Com1,
> which wasn't enabled before. I've messed with IRQ settings in CMOS.  I keep
> getting same error (I/O Conflict 2F8).  I know this has something to do
> with IRQ/Com settings, but I cannot figure out  the correct combination to
> make it work.

  2F8 is the standard address for COM2.  It appears that two of your
devices are claiming to exist at this address.  According to the
information above, your mouse is plugged into one of these devices.

  Is this an internal modem you're trying to install?  If so, try
setting it as COM3, or if it doesn't offer that choice, COM1 (and in
this case, re-disable the motherboard COM1 in the CMOS setup).

David G