From:
Steve Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:11:23 +0100
>i dont know if this is going to help or not. but i had the exact same
>problem with the ati rage pro chipset. i upgraded the driver and the
>problem was fixed but i got a slightly slower frame rate. i think there is
>a totaly new voodoo1 driver(glide) out there. install it and see what
>happens.

I've tried every driver under the sun I think. I'm using the Orchid
Righteous 3D files from their home site (RIGHT301.EXE), the driver tab in
display properties shows

driver release 3.01
glide 2x.dll version 2.43
direct 3d driver version 4.10.00
directx version 4.06.00 (its dx 6.1)

and the opengl32.dll file is 3dfx minigl 1.46. A post in here makes me
think I might be able to re-install the m3d here to get round it (although
switching the desktop driver tab worries me slightly), but its so annoying
when voodoo constantly claim to be the superior card. Another fix would be
to use the Q2 engine to play Q1 games, is that possible?

Regards

Steve Harrison