From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:19:03 -0600
Resubmitted to clarify the original author of the quoted text ...

I also already got a response stating that the driver was obtained from a
manufacturer's open FTP site, but is apparently not there now.  Also, there
is no documentation that came with it to either document its use or its
origin.  There was a previous response from someone else that indicated
that the file was also available on another Web site, but there was no
documentation there either.  This kind of leaves it in limbo as to its
legal use.  Anyone who works under tight licensing restrictions should
probably keep this in mind.

At 11:08 AM 3/11/98 -0800, Roxanne Pierce wrote:
>... - to answer your question about the interest in DOS CD-ROM drivers: Many
>of us on this list are computer consultants and technicians.  It is *very*
>handy for us to have a Win95 boot disk that will recognize and initialize the
>CD-ROM on most Win95 systems. Often the reason we are working on a client's
>computer is because the hard drive died, or Windows died, and we need that
DOS
>CD-ROM driver to be able to deal with those problems.
>
>Everyone else:  For those of you want or need the semi-universal CD-ROM
driver
>that I have found recognizes most modern CD-ROM's, I have posted it on my FTP
>site at:
>
>ftp://ftp.connectnet.com/pub/users/r2sys/outgoing/
>
>The file name is D011V200.SYS

I got this file from your Web site.  Do you have any documentation for it
or do you know where it originally came from?  I have to worry about
licensing issues and such.