From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:20:32 -0500
I've had to change some of my computer's LPT ports from ECP or EPP to SPP
(or standard printer port) in both BIOS and Windows drivers to get some of
the HP printers to work reliably. Since SPP is fast enough for printers you
won't see a difference in print speed.

Doug

At 11/21/2003 08:00 PM, m_sayer_ wrote:

>I also have a HP Deskjet 820cxi, which has been working fine. I have just
>changed the cartridges, and now I'm getting some error messages. Often I'm
>getting the message that the cartridge is incompatible (it's definately the
>right one, I checked), and I keep getting the message that there is a
>problem with the port settings, and other times it says that it can't find
>the port. (lpt1).
>(These messages have been since the new cartridges were installed) I've run
>all the trouble shooters, which basically tell me in the end to  contact the
>manufacturers, but I've had experience with manufacturers before, and so I'm
>slightly reluctant to do that.
>I haven't changed any settings at all, and it worked this morning. About an
>hour ago, I managed to print in black, but the colour is still playing up.
>Any ideas? I've tried removing and reinstalling drivers.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml