From:
CAROL OLIVIE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 21:43:17 -0400
Hi Pat,
It sounds like you don't have the audio cable hooked up inside your computer
from the back of your CD ROM drive to the sound card. there should be 3
cables attaching to your CD ROM drive- a power cable, an ide cable and a
skinny sound cable that plugs into your sound card.  Maybe it came off. Look
inside your computer.  I hope this helps.
Carol

Hi There

I really need help. I am having problems with the sound on my computer.  I
can hear some things through my speakers such as icq, urls sounds, and if I
go anywhere on the net I can hear those sounds as well.  However I can't
play music in my cd rom...it shows that it is playing but there is no sound
and my microphone will not work.  I know that the mic works as I tried it on
another computer.  Also my computer seems to be running very slowly.  I have
cleaned out the temp files, done scan disk and defrag.  Nothing seems to
help it to speed up.  I have a packard bell  pentium with 40 ram and 3/4 of
it is free space.
Thanks for any help you can give me
Pat Poole

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions