From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:46:59 -0700
The best way to find out what you have is to call Intel tech support and
ask them.
Just give them the serial number and they will tell you everything you want
to know about the CPU.
Their tech support is readily available by phone and you can find the
correct number for you inquiry on their web page...www.intel.com
If your not in a hurry you can post them the question from their tech
support page.....but it will take them 3 or four days to get back to you.

mark

>To all,
>
>I ordered a 233 pentium w/mmx from a vendor that I have done business
>with in the past (with no problems). This chip was supposed to be boxed
>with the three year warranty from Intel. After waiting about 40 days to
>get the chip I received a chip in a plain brown box (no shrink wrap on
>the chip). The chip was wrapped in foam but not sealed. No warranty or
>Intel papers with the chip. The Intel name was on thea chip and the
>number FV80503233; also SL27S/2.8V. I was told by another vendor that the
>number on a boxed chip with full warranty should be UBOXBP80503233. In
>short, do I have a warrented  233 w/mmx from Intel or not? Can anyone
>help?
>
>Bill McMilleon, Sr.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**