From:
Brian Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:29:14 -0700
John if you use the OemInstall procedure do the base install then ghost the
image and put it down on the systems as soon as the user turns on the
machine they will be prompted for the license info. also other drivers and
such things. and if the cab files are on the machine they only need the
device drivers for the specific hardware. those device drivers could be on
the image as well. HTH

Brian Coe
CM Productions

At 07:49 AM 7/8/99 , you wrote:
>Friends:
>
>I am installing Windows 95b OEM on newly refurbished IBM 750 P-90 Desktops.
>Since all are identically configured, I would like to speed up the process
>(we have 100+ of them). The problem is that we have a separate, licensed
>copy of Windows 95 for each machine (not a site license).
>
>I would like to save a GHOST image of one Win95b installation from one
>computer. However, I will need to change the license number and, less
>importantly, the User Name on each clone. I want to use a legitimate and
>fool-proof method. College student volunteers will be performing the work,
>so I don't want to teach them how to hack SYSTEM.DAT (unless it's the only
>way).
>
>What is the best method of changing the Win95b license number after
>restoring a Ghosted image?
>
>Alternatively, is there a better method of accomplishing the task?
>
>Thanks, in advance.
>
>John Chin
>Computers for Schools Program
>South Florida

The American Dream does not come to those who fall asleep.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html