From:
Kevin Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:13:03 +1200
> Thank You for the help. I called AMD tech help this morning. He happen to have a Gigabyte motherboard handy. Yes, it does take
> quite abit of pressure to lower the lock handle and lock it. I hope they mention this in the next cpu manual revision. I really like AMD
> tech dept..

Harold,

Be prepared to be surprised at the amount of force required to get the heat-sink spring into place !

Don't try it with the mobo. in the case, place the mobo on something reasonably soft, firm and flat (cardboard?) - get a wide blade
screwdriver, grip it with both hands, position your upper body directly over the clip and gently apply weight rather than force,  - and
don't let the screwdriver slip.

I mention this because I was so surprised that I stopped trying, and asked the Lists' advice.  Hopefully, the above is a summary of the help
offered by Jun Quian and several others whose names have escaped me, - it worked for me and I'm extremely grateful.

Kevin,
New Zealand.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>