From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:35:30 -0800
In this case, you can't go wrong. There is only one green wire in the
motherboard power block, and any black wire is a ground wire.
One caveat. You may come across a power supply that has a  problem with
this because it needs a continuous "on" signal in order to stay on. In
which case you will need to get the tester module. I have come across this
on one occasion, and I am not sure if it was the board, the PS or the
momentary switch that was the cause. You will have to try it and see.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>I was referring to the ATX big power plug that would go to the Motherboard.
>I have not looked carefully at the PS yet as I am still in the research stage.
>(I did not want to open the cardboard box, making a return easier if I found
>this was not a good idea... <grin>)
>
>                                                Rick Glazier
>
>From: "Mark Rode" <[log in to unmask]>
> > You mean the green signal, and any black ground wire correct? Yes this will
> > work. If you are worried you can buy a device that will do this for you.
> > They are ATX PS testers.... about 12 bucks at Cyberguys.
> >
> > At 05:45 PM 3/7/2004, you wrote:
> > >Will an ATX power supply "start up" if there is no motherboard?
> > >I want to house some hard drives in that case and run them...
> > >I read if I short pin 13 & 14 it will start and run.
> > >Is this safe and reliable?
> > >                                    Rick Glazier

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml