From:
"John P. Penasack" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 05:44:27 -0500
From my experience, there is a possibility that installed software
contributes to the PC clock inaccuracies.
After experiencing task bar clock differences with real time on my new
Gateway PII, they instructed me to format a bootable disk (FORMAT A:/S) at
C:\, then use DOS "TIME" command to set the clock for the current time, and
let the system sit at the C:\ for a period.  I did it overnight, and the
next morning seletec "TIME" again and there was no difference with actual
time.  I have not determined which software application is intefering with
the PC clock, but know that the quartz clock retains accurate time.

John Penasack