From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:03:21 -0500
First of all you need to find out what the max size your bios
will allow.  Some older bioses for the early Pentums only went
up to 2.1 Gig , with some going to 4.xxx Gig.  The Newest go upto 8 Gig with
no problems. Just Check with the mobo manufacturer, or system manufacture.

As for win 95, which do you have If you have Win95 OSR2 (aka Win95b) then
you will be able to format a HD as one partion using FAT32 if it's anything
earlier then the limit will be 2.1 gigs using FAT16(or FAT).  FAT 32 has a
capacity limit up to 2 Terabytes(I don't think we'll be needing a hard drive
that large for quite awhile).

The best way to find out is to run FDISK at the dos prompt in Win95
if it asks you if you want to use fat32 for driver larger than 512 Megs
then you have that much.

It also might help if you would give us a complete system description
Is it Home Built or A manufacturer?

--Patrick Black