From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 14:36:55 -0800
  I believe that this is failing for two primary reasons:

1.  The boot partition must be a primary partition -- it cannot be a
volume located within an extended partition.  [The NT install isn't
detecting and reporting this, *probably* because the folks who wrote
it assumed everyone would know this!]

2.  Most BIOSes require that all bootable partitions begin before
cylinder 1024.  [So deleting that last partition, shrinking the
extended partition, and reating a new NT boot partition in the
remainder of the drive is also unlikely to work.]

David G