From:
Susan Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 09:08:56 -0400
Correction to yesterday's post: I re-read Mark C. Barron's post about
Trumpet Winsock, and he is correct, the Trumpet Winsock modem string is set
in the file login.cmd, not setup.cmd as I stated previously.

(I gotta read these lists as I get them, not two days later...I'll be
better in future, I promise....)

>>The sound of dialing and connecting it's too high. It's a normal sound that
>>we can find in every computer's  connection but at my computer the sound is
>>configured too high and I don't know how to low it.
>>
>>                                                Andre Augusto
>>

>When I used to use Trumpet Winsock, I turned *off* the modem speaker by
>inserting M0 (zero) in the init string. I no longer have a copy of the
>program, but I know that you can change the init string by going through
>the setup, which is accessible through the menus. That is where Trumpet
>asks you your dial-up number, username, etc. (I believe the actual file is
>called setup.cmd, and can be edited manually, too, if you can't find it in
>your menus.) When it comes to the initialization string part, add M0 to the
>end of it (it will work in other places, but this is as safe a place as any).

Susan Sutherland