From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:41:43 -0700
  In the DSL world, we use "Enternet" software that gives Windows a little
help in finding PPPoE and other router-type hardware.

Have you tried the install software?   Windows 98 and 2000 won't find my
Alcatel modem without the proprietary software for log-in and network
binding.

hope this helps,
--gary r. tennesen