From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:28:05 -0800
Hello Joe,
THis is pretty normal sometimes for AMD to actually give you more than
what it says it is.
I have an AMD ATHLON THUNDERBIRD 700MHz.
What it comes in at most of the time is 750MHz and no I have not tweaked a thing on
my Motherboard settings. I went with the Book on this one. And that is what I am reading.
In fact its really reading at 751MHz. So I got more for my dollar.
There is no overclocking that I did either.
They seem to like that extra 51 number a lot. LOL
Cant explain it really. I asked my guru person that teaches me a lot of things and he says thats
how AMD's do and not to worry about it and enjoy the extra.
Hope this helps you.
Regards,
Sue Dobbs

Michael, I can't get it to pause (using pause key) long enough to write
all the numbers but I do have the manuel.  I know that it is an American
Megatrends with a sis530 chipset. Super Socket 7.  It is made by PC100
and their number is M598LMR.  Something odd happened a little while ago.
I checked the speed while on the internet and it was over 350.  I checked
it twice but after getting off the web it came down to 333.  I just
rebooted and as soon as the desktop cam up it read 351 but quickly
changed back to 333.  I am using the 350 processor now.  I went to set up
and to the AMIBIOS PNP SETUP (for the processor) and this it what it
reads.
CPU PLUG & PLAY----------------------------------------------AUTO
CPU BRAND---------------------------------------------------------AMD
K6-2
CPU MULTIPLE FACTORY---------------------------------------1.5X/3.5X
All that's hapening might be normal, I don't know.  I used the AMD SPEED
CHECKER to check the speed.
Thanks,
Joe

---