From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 13:22:53 -0400
The only times I have gotten that error I WAS still able to boot
from the floppy drive.
(The "actual" boot stuff is in a slightly different part of the BIOS "memory".)

Since you can't boot, the following will not work for you.
I re-flashed the BIOS a half dozen times over a period of several months,
(since the error means the BIOS was getting corrupted), but in the long
run I got a better "fix" by installing a new exact replacement MB.
I was "forced" into that since my Win-XP-Pro was an OEM version,
so to keep the same license I had to make the machine "look the same"
to WPA. Since I had not changed anything in quite a long time WPA
never blinked an eye.   (Note this was with the "small-white-box"-OEM
type of install diskdisk.)

                                  Good luck,   Rick Glazier

From: "Betti Ann and Preston Smith"
> In addition to the monitor, I have another problem
>
> I have an EPoX 8KTA3 mother board.  Shortly after the monitor acted up,
>  I received this on the screen while booting
>
> =========
> Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
>
> BIOS ROM Checksum error
>
> Detecting floppy drive A media...
> INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
>
> It will not boot from a DOS system disk or an Award flash ROM disk
>
> I have cleared the CMOS via jumper
>
> Then I removed the CMOS battery and inserted a new one 24 hours later
>
> All done with the same result - I still get the same message
>
> My thought is that the BIOS is toast and the demise of the monitor is
> tied to whatever killed the BIOS (which I may have done while inserting
> a new PCI USB 2.0 card)

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml