From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:26:28 -0700
David,

You didn't say which bus the video card is on.  If it is not too old and
you're using AGP, it can be difficult to seat the video cards in the slot
properly.  Make sure that you feel 2 different clunks and it looks like it
is sitting deep in the slot.  If it is PCI or earlier, you can disregard
this suggestion.

With Soyo motherboards, I've heard a sort of siren sound, similar to what
you describe.  To clear that I needed to clear the CMOS, restart and reenter
all CMOS settings.

Good luck,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing